WASHINGTON D.C. TEMPLE




One of my favorite Christmas seasons was spent when Dee and I were serving a mission in the temple in Washington D.C. We were there from November 1992 until 1994, which meant we had two seasons there.


Besides the thousands of lights all over the grounds, we had a great program every night in the visitors center. One year there were many, many trees all decorated by different wards which the large crowds loved. The next year the display included nativity scenes from all over the world. Dee and I got to work in the center some nights, greeting the people, and just mingling, taking in the joy of the season.

Outside was a living manger scene, using local missionaries. Wonderful season!


It was just such a privilege for us to serve a mission there, and be in the temple every day.
Especially for me, working as secretary on the 6th floor was my favorite thing. Being around all those great men who were sealers, and scheduling marriage sealings, and just being there to feel the spirit. One of the best parts was watching the little children come up all dressed in white, ready to become a part of an eternal family. We loved that mission.

SIXTH FLOOR
I love to roam the hallways
why I do is not quite clear
I seldom will see anyone
I'm sure no voice I'll hear
It feels good to sit in darkened room
See self reflected in the glass
and at the spirit's touch
I step aside and let it pass



0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home