It seems to me that everyone now days uses the computer or some other machine to communicate with each other. I for one like a real letter, on paper, I need something to hold in my hand, and re-read later on, especially on a day when I don't get any other mail. My Dad used to say, "It's just as good to get out an old letter and re-read it. A real thing, that you can feel, then store away for another day, when you're feeling alone." I'm afraid that our thoughts, our inner thoughts that we don't say out loud, but only write down, will be lost to future generations. That will be a sad thing.


EPISTLE: in it's best sense is more than a letter
It is a formal TEACHING INSTRUMENT
+
An epistle can be pondered
and perused
When it's re-read it will be remembered
Many things that I have said
go in one ear and out the other
Most men hear just what they choose to
I prefer to write it down
when I have some good news to share with others
bits of praise or a suggestion that could improve
Once a thing is written down and read
you can't remove it from your mind
and oh, I find I love so much to get a letter
It tells me someone knows I'm here!
and life seems so much better

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home