PUSHED OUT ON PURPOSE

Sometimes when I write poems, I never know if anyone reads them or not. One day I had this one laying on the table, and when I came back, there written in big red letters was the word GOOD!! by my husband so I figure if he liked it, others might also.

PUSHED OUT ON PURPOSE

I sometimes think my parents in heaven put their family in a big car
and went for a ride through outer space
and after they hadn't gone far I was pushed out!
ON PURPOSE!
by my family at some station labeled
LIFE
and told that I should stay and start a new creation
*
A wife was pushed out too, "She'll stay with you"
my parents said, "to help things grow"
But this garden we now live in keeps us running to and fro
*
Don't think we sit around all day and play with docile baby deer
Now that we are parents, too, real babies seem to appear
and they want food and clothes and shelter
friends and loved ones are never near
In my garden I feel alone!
Some days I'm the ONLY one here!
*
I have to tend and mend and weed and feed
the friends they bring around
Only in the dark of night can I hear heaven's sound
and I cry out, "Oh, parents, please come back!
and pick me up once more
*
You pushed me out on purpose!
but
at least you didn't shut the door
and every now and then I see a bit of heaven's light shine through
but I wish that you'd come back
because
I want to live closer to you"
***

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home