THE E-BAY STORY


It's actually amazing that I know anything about a computer at all. Dee (my hubby) was after me for years to learn how to use it, but I kept resisting. It's too hard....I'm too old...excuses like that. Then one day I went to a yard sale. The lady had a collection of about 2,000 dolls which she had started to sell at low low prices, so I said:

.
I CAN SELL THOSE ON E-BAY FOR A LOT MORE MONEY
.
Home I came, with 58 dolls of all shapes and sizes and ages stuffed in the car. What was I thinking? I couldn't even work the computer! But it turned out to be a good thing, and we both made a couple of thousand dollars. Now after 5 years and about 150 dolls, I'm really quite an expert on identification of dolls plus I am quite computer savy for a 74 year old who said I'm too old to learn new things.
If you ever want to meet nice people, just go on e-bay and buy or sell dolls. I've sent things to Italy, China, Australia, France, Japan, Canada, plus half the states here. Almost all are women, and almost all are chatty and happy and want to learn more about other people.
Doll collecting is the 2nd most popular hobby, 2nd only to stamp collecting.
Moral of my story: #1 Dolls are fun #2 You're never too old to learn new things

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home