BEAR IN THERE

There is a really cute poem by Shel Silverstein in his book A LIGHT IN THE ATTIC: here it is

There's a polar bear in our Frigidaire
He likes it 'cause it's cold in there.
With his seat in the meat and his face in the fish
And his big hairy paws in the butter dish
He's nibbling the noodles, he's munching the rice
He slurping the soda
He's licking the ice
And he lets out a roar if you open the door
and it gives me a scare
to know he's in there
That polary Bear
in our Fridgitydaire
.
The reason I'm thinking of this poem right now is I've defrosted the freezer today. Not my favorite job, but a necessity about once a year. Unless of course someone doesn't close the door tight, then it has to be done more often.Which was today, took me almost three hours, what with pans of hot water and the hair dryer. Our freezer is pretty old, most of them now are self-defrosting. As usual, I had some OLD meat in there. The dog will love it.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home