IT SMELLS LIKE SPRING

This is a poem by Robert Frost that I really like: plus one I wrote

THE PASTURE
I'm going out to clean the pasture spring
I'll only stop to rake the leaves away
(and wait to watch the water clear, I may)
I shan't be gone long-----YOU COME TOO
+
I'm going out to fetch the little calf
that's standing by the mother. It's so young
It totters when she licks it with her tongue
I shan't be gone long.----YOU COME TOO.
+
ROBERT FROST
+
IT SMELLS LIKE SPRING!
Can you smell spring? It drifted in and floated through my day
although the wind was blowing cold, it simply could not stay
because when spring decides to come there's not much anyone can do
You have to open up your door and say
I'm coming too!
+
You can follow spring and hear her sing beyond the snow-capped hills
and out across the meadow where a hundred daffodils await their opening
Spring dusts them with her love and off she goes
out past Grandma's backyard where she's hung her towels and clothes
+
They smell like spring!
When she brings them inside to fold, they smell so good
If you feel all wintery inside you simply should
COME! fOLLOW SPRING!
+
and hear her sing, the birds all flutter out to see
that lady spring has come to town
she falls on you and me
+
It is impossible to resist! Once you've been kissed by the smell of spring
You simply have to go outside
and listen to her sing
+
COME! Follow spring!
+
GeorgAnna
+

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home