COUNTING BLESSINGS

I'm sitting here tonight half way listening to the Obama/Clinton debate (the last one, thank heaven) My only opinion at this stage is: if Hilary is anything like me, both being women, she's apt to have mood swings, and I don't think she would be too dependable.



I speak from experience. Take today, for instance. I woke up with a bit of a sore throat, and in a grouchy mood. As the day went on, I got more grouchy, finally could tell I needed to change my mood.



My best way is to get in the car, turn good music up loud, and be alone for a few minutes. It didn't work as good today, but Dee helped me, as always, feel better by mid-afternoon, when I decided to ride the stationary bike, another thing which works. Somehow when I dusted it off, I got involved and before I knew it, I'd spent an hour and cleaned the whole garage, and the grey mood had lifted. Why do I forget that? Work helps almost anything. Plus the garage looks great.



So tonight I'm OK, and I've been counting my blessings. I was transfering names into a new address book, and ended up calling Marge, my sister who is recovering from a stroke, my sister in law Sonja who had knee surgery two weeks ago, and my other sister in law, Zoe Ann who is also bi-polar and struggling more than I do. So see, all in all it's been a good day.



Besides that, I've had e-mails from daughter in law Keiko, plus daughters Ruth and Karen. so looking back over this day in my life, I'm good, and better than almost all the rest. Some days I just should start out first thing with counting the blessings, and get out of the grey zone.





In all of God's creation

there is nothing that is small

because God being wonderful

spreads greatness over all

.

and every little tiny butterfly

and bug too small to see

is beautiful!

And loved by God

just the same as you and me

.

.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home