I know I already posted that poem before, but I just feel like that today. The sun is shining, after a week of rainy days and I'm thinking about how grateful I am that Heavenly Father let me be alive and come to this beautiful earth he created. One of my grand-daughters, Brooke has a new baby girl and she posts the cutest photos on her blog. I got an announcement with photo and I carried it around in my purse for a month. She is just beautiful (plus her middle name is MAY which is my maiden name, made me happy) She is great-grandchild # 10


I have lots of other beauty also. We have a fruit orchard, almost all pears, some apples and peaches, one apricot (which is plenty since I don't like them and tend to avoid doing anything with them)


It all started back in 1980 something, when he was practicing medicine, and needed a hobby. Just a few trees at first, then every time I turned around, there was the UPS truck in the driveway, bringing more trees. Now total we have about 225. A lot to take care of, what with pruning and spraying and thinning and picking, then either canning, selling, or giving away.


Dee has always had a garden or fruit trees and many years we moved and left the fruit behind for the new people coming in. There's just something good about helping God take care of the earth, something really good.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home