ANTHONY LAKE

Yesterday our son Linn dropped by for a few hours. He lives in Kennewick, WA. about 1 1/2 hours away It's always fun when he drops in, because he helps Dee with some of the yard jobs and I always fix food when he's coming, because he and David like to eat.

The other thing I like about Linn is he always wants to talk about religion. Yesterday I ended up giving him 4 books, three by Hyrum Andrus (who I love) and the other by Orson Pratt. They are deep, wonderful things to read and think about.

I've studied all of them, and when other copies came up on e-bay, I bought them, just to have for days like yesterday, when someone else is ready to read them.



We talked about going to camp at Anthony Lake again this summer, so here is a photo of us two years ago. Keiko, Linn's wife is from Japan, and her parents were here, so we took them there. That's Linn with the hat on. David is way out there, and up close in the photo above. I've been going there in summers since I was a kid, when my Dad loaded us all up and went camping or for a picnic. I love it up there.


.

Only the mountains come and go, we fish in the summer, we ski in the snow

Yet the trees stand tall, and the sky stays blue

and nothing much changes but me and you

and the fish still jump leaving water in rings and the chipmunks chirp

and a bird still sings as it settles in at the close of day

and inside I feel like it's time to pray

.

Dear God who created this lake and the trees

Thank you for beauty and places like these

where we come and soak in some peace for a day

then find the tents we have tucked away

After supper and marshmallows roasty

we'll hop in our bags and sleep warm and toasty

watching the stars and the moon so bright

God's in His heavens

and our world is all right

.







1 comments:

I love that poem! It is so great for you to have this blog so that I can read your poems. It makes me feel like I am getting to know you better! Thank you! (I know that it is not just for me, but I want you to know that I really enjoy it! :)
-Brooke

May 31, 2008 at 10:14 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home