BLOSSOMS
I feel a wild delight inside
when apple blossoms I see
I stand beneath and looking up
blue sky beyond the tree
seems just to pull me in and I begin
to try to remember what I'm feeling
as if I'd known them in a former world
*
Now I am kneeling
in the columbine and blue-bells
They transport me from the HERE
and I recall I've seen them once
before in another sphere
and when I hear a certain sound
I can remember angels singing
Oh music! and the blossoms
seem to send my spirit reeling
past earth's ceiling
*
Well, the apple blossoms in the orchard have come and gone, and they have escaped all the frost we had. Dee has done the first spraying, a thing he'll do every three or four weeks. Almost time to thin, then we just sit and wait for heaven to do its part. But I think the best thing is blossom time. Such beauty and a promise of good things to come.
*

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home