MOTHER'S DAY was an especially fun time for me. I got to give one of the talks in Sacrament meeting. I love giving talks, especially about my mother. One of the stories I told also included my Dad. When Mom was 12 years old, she went to the Logan temple to do baptisms for the dead. She loved being there, and told herself~~~~"When I get married, it's going to be in the Logan Temple" A year later she moved to Baker, Oregon, a long long drive from Logan.

In 1928 She had met my Dad, the man of her dreams
and they planned their wedding trip to Logan Temple. Very few people then had cars, but my Dad had a motorcycle and sidecar for his business. So Mom climbed in the sidecar and they were on their way. I can't remember just how long it took, but it was probably a windy ride.
My Dad's relatives lived all over Utah, so they stopped overnight with several of them, and Mom said it's a great way to get acquainted with new family.
I
I think that considering the ride and all, Mom's dress looked great!
What a classy looking couple
And just look at her, side-saddle in this pose.
All in all, the trip was great, and so was the marriage,
considering it lasted for 62 years!
They went back to the temple many times over
but only once on a motorcycle.
I was so blessed with such great parents
and always knew I was loved.
Thanks, Mom
#



2 comments:

62 years on earth and will go on for eternity!

May 11, 2010 at 8:56 AM  

Grandma- I have never seen any pictures of your mom before and these ones are really neat, especially the one with the motercycle. I would really like a copy if it if you have an extra. If not, no big deal. Love you! And I love your blog.

May 11, 2010 at 7:20 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home