I got up early (5 a.m) and was straightening up my desk. I came across a pile of little scrap notes with little ideas I'd heard which are good. I like one-liners that make you think:

1. Women are angels. When someone breaks our wings we simply continue to fly
on a broomstick. We are flexible.

2. A missionary only CONVEYS the message. The Holy Ghost teaches

3. When a student is prepared, the teacher will appear.

and my favorite

4. Children are the messengers we send to a time we will never see



When they re-did the hymn book, some committee made a lot of changes in some of the words of the songs. One of my hardest is

Today while the sun shines
work with a will
today all your duties with patience fulfill
Today, today,
work while you may
Prepare for tomorrow
by working today
I can see no reason to have changed that wording. I liked
THERE IS NO TOMORROW
BUT ONLY TODAY
and recently I read this which I totally agree with, and which is probably what the composer
L. Clark 1883 meant when he wrote it.
Today is all you have. Tomorrow is just today again
Next week? Seven todays in a row
A month isn't 30 days
It is 30 todays.
Usually when we sing those songs in church that they have changed, I just sing the old words anyway, because those are the ones I remember.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home