HALLELUJAH NUT BREAD In our local newspaper was an article about making banana nut bread.
She said, not liking bread that came out dry,
she had spent 2 weeks trying every combination she could think of
*
When she finally came up with this one, which is light and fluffy and moist,
she was so excited she shouted "Hallelujah"
*
So...here you have the recipe.
*
This is for one loaf, I doubled it and got 3 good size loafs
*
2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 1/2 cups chopped nut
*
Stir together making a hole in center
In a separate bowl, beat with spoon
2 eggs
add
1 1/2 cups mashed bananas (about 8 large ones)
1/4 sour cream
1 tsp. vanilla
1 stick melted butter (cooled)
*
Spray pan with Pam, heat oven to 350 degrees
*
Pour liquid into flour mixture to combine
Pour into pan and bake for 70-90 minutes
*
This loaf would be very large, I cooked in three pans for about 1 hour.
*
The 1st one I tipped out was not done and fell apart
(so we had to eat it right then, nice and warm)
I left the other 2 in for another 14 minutes, and it was just right.
*
I didn't have sour cream, substituted vanilla yogurt.
I also added
1 package of butterscotch chips
*
Dee said I had to put this on the blog, much better than my old recipe.
Yummy!
*
This sounds complicated, but it's really quick to mix up

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home