Another fun thing I told in my Father's day talk was MEMORIES of DAD which our kids have written. We told them we didn't want any more presents, unless you could smell them or eat them, so now they send us memories of their childhood. So here is one of Ruth's
+++
I remember all the father-daughter outings we went to. One in particular, when I was about 7

I was really looking forward to it. When it started to get dark there were rumors flying that there were bears near our campground, which was probably true in the California areas. I was petrified and wouldn't go to sleep. I was sure the minute I fell asleep those bears would find my tent and eat me.

Finally after several unsuccesful attempts to calm my fears, dad moved his bag right outside the tent so he was blocking the door. Then he got back in it and said, "There, see Ruth, there's no way the bears can get to you without me knowing it. And they will find me first and eat me, and by then they will be too full to eat you.

Whew! I was so relieved, and so grateful that Dad would get eaten first. What a great Dad! Now I could go to sleep peacefully.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home