I never had a Grandma who'd come stay
when I was small
One who'd give me hugs and tell me
stories about all the things
my mother used to do

Oh, Grandma!
Why'd you have to go
before I even got to earth?
I'd wanted so to grow up knowing you
I do not like God's plan, I never got to be your little girl
my Grandma's girl that was a part of me
in pre-existant days
Oh, Grandma, could you reach down for a minute and just give me a little hug?
I'd feel the love that's in it cross the border
Oh, I know the veil of life is wafer thin
Could you please hold your arms out
Grandma?
I need to come in and get a hug


The picture is of my Mother's mom, Elizabeth Maughan Haslam. They lived in a little town of Wellsville in Utah. She got sick during the great flu and died in 1918 at the age of 43. She left 8 young children.
The frame I got from a friend who was 82, and it belonged to her grandmother, so that's why it is so
beautiful. It's a treasure to me. I wish I'd known her.









1 comments:

I never realized that my mom was named after her Grandma I guess I should have paid better attention to the family geneolgy. Keep blogging--I love catching up with family---LISA KING

October 3, 2008 at 8:42 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home