This morning I was up early and watched (and listened) to BYU study on D&C 76. What a great section that is. I was impressed when we got to verses 25-26.

And this we saw also, and bear record, that an angel of God
who was in authority in the presence of God,
who rebelled against the Only Begotten Son whom the Father loved
and who was in the bosom of the Father, was thrust down
from the presence of God and the Son.
And was called Perdition, for the heavens wept over him
He was Lucifer, a son of the morning
That is so sad, to think that all of heaven wept over him. I remembered a poem I wrote once, a "think about it" poem, so I rummaged around and found it, and wanted to share it.
**
Satan must be a tired old man, hanging around since time began
to thwart God's plan for men on earth
undermining our self worth
If man could only realize we exist beyond the skies
where Satan sat, all wrapped in glory
(as we did)
and heard God's story
*
As the Gods laid out the plan and chose the Christ to die for man
I wonder
what did the old man say when he did not get HIS way
and God said
"Your garments of glory I remove this hour
but because you'll need some power
I'll let you keep you glory shoes
Still, you'll need to pay your dues throughout all time
going to and fro
causing confusion, so man won't know that earth is meant for peacefulness
A time when others he should bless"
*
Satan must feel tired and old after doing for ages what he'd been told to NOT do
going against God word
or trying to pretend he had not heard
I wonder
does he feel like me and some days longs to just be free
and have another chance to choose
but he stands there
in his glory shoes saying
*
"How I need a hug from heaven
to once more feel that I've been given my power and my glory back!
and feel the spirit I now lack?
Oh, garment, wrap me in your glory
I'm tired!
please tell me heaven's story!"
Actually, the scripture I was reading when I wrote it was from Job 1:6-7
"....now there was a day when the children of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan came also among them. And the Lord said to Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the Lord, and said, from going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it."
I love getting up early to study, then you don't have a guilty conscience all day that you haven't done it. Plus it turns you on to want to do more later if you can. In Sunday School yesterday a gal with 7 young kids said their best time for scripture reading was while they were eating breakfast.....a good idea, providing you eat breakfast together.
I also learned that Joseph Smith re-wrote that section in poetry 11 years later, I'll find it and share it with you later.
Have a great day!

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home