FROGS FOR THE 4TH
Did you know frogs are magic?
they can hop all over the place
and if they happen to get dirty
no-one makes them wash their face
and
they can sit outside in the mud
or jump into the middle of a puddle of water
and no on says "Go wash your hands"
I simply think someone ought-er
'cause
it isn't fair! frogs have four feet
and people just have two
nd they don't even have to put on shoes!
I think it's quite strange!
don't you?
THE FRIENDLY FROG
I went to the kitchen sink to get a drink
and what do you think?
I found a frog who was very green
It was the first frog I'd ever seen
on an August night
Do you think it's right that he came inside?
well. I nearly died!
but I let him stay , he was small anyway
On second thought I'd better not
what if he hopped around and fell right off the cupboard
and got lost down on the ground
on the kitchen carpet, which is brown and red
and colored flowered and sploshy
and IF my daddy walks bare-foot
my friendly frog will go squashy
You're right
I'd better put him out tonight
Ooooooooh!
Whoops-------too late!
Oh
there's a frog in grandma's kitchen, he's jumpin all over the place
the funniest thing I ever saw was the look on Grandma's face
she tried to catch him in a cup
She even tried to pick him up
(but he hopped away)
Oh, Grandma is scared of frogs
now isn't it strange
'cause she loves cat and dogs and even hogs
There's a frog in Grandma's kitchen
and I think he's here to stay

2 comments:

Excellent and fun poem, you should enter it in the fair next year.

August 1, 2009 at 8:31 AM  

Excellent and fun poem. You should enter it in the fair next year.

August 1, 2009 at 8:32 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home