It seems to me that a woman is like a big pie, cut into pieces. Some years there is plenty to go around, other times it just doesn't stretch.

With seven kids and one husband, I used to cut myself into nine pieces, with the last one left for me. Pretty soon others (friends, neighbors, church, school, total strangers) started wanting parts of me too, so I gave away portions of the piece I'd saved for myself, a bite here, and a bite there.

Self's portion kept getting smaller and smaller. Then as some children demanded more of me, I usually took bites out of my husband's portion for the kids.

Now the problem seems to be, if you don't tell other people to stop pretty soon you don't have anything left...to nourish self or others.

I have finally reached the point where I know how to say no, even to some of the things I'd really like to do. My time right now is being used to replenish my year's supply...my inner supply to get me through the next years of possible famine.

Dee and I were both drained so empty for so long. We have finally told the world GO AWAY! I'm going to sit here all alone and just enjoy my own piece....and peace...for a while. And no one can have a bite unless I say they can.

You cannot share what you do not have

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home