THE COW WHO MOVED
TO THE MEADOW
This is the story of a cow who really was a fool
She should be in the pasture
but she won't obey the rule that says
STAY IN!
She tends to jump the fence so she can get outside
and she'll go "moo-ving" up the road
and wander far and wide
+
The cow said to herself
she said
"I'm tired of that fence! It holds me in too close
I need to run!
It makes no sense to stay all locked up!
There's a neighborhood that I must go and see
I want to meet the animals who live next door to me!"
and so
she "moo-ved" along the road, three dogs joined in
and ran behind
They said, "We want to go with you and see what we can find"
Across the road, one house away, two geese were in their bath
their feathers they were ruffling, it made the young cow laugh
The dogs joined in
the geese, insulted, turned and waddled on their way
across the meadow
then they stopped and honked! and they did say
"Please let us come with you, we'll introduce you
to the horse who lives next door
In fact
we'll ask him for a ride! we've never done that before!"
"Neigh! neigh! said the horse, I do not think
that you'll fit on my back
but if you want to try, I will "
He lay down on the track and both the geese and all three dogs
got on, please do not ask me how
and next It was a miracle!
They lifted up the cow! and off they went
Oh, what a ride it was, across the field so green
and then the cow yelled
"STOP! that is the best grass I have seen! and I must have a bit"
however, as she ate, she did not see
a hive of bees a-buzzing there, underneath the tree
I'm not sure just what happened next
there was such a great confusion
They had not been invited and the bees felt an intrusion
and they did not understand
the neighbors only came to play
The bees were MAD!
a swarm they had and chased the cow away
and as she "moo-ved" across the meadow
She was followed close behind
by three dogs who were certain that the cow had lost her mind
and by two geese, still riding on the horse
they could not stop to quack
They were much too busy holding to the horse's back!
and so
the cow went home, she'd learned a lesson
which is very hard
THE SAFEST GRASS IS USUALLY GROWING
IN YOUR OWN
BACKYARD

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home