baby poetry

 
 
Over the past years,  I've written several poems about babies
I think the first grand-child I was "in" on was Jason.
 
I felt the veil brush back and forth
as I stood in silent awe
Birth and death so hand in hand
This baby that I saw
 
come through the strife, so filled with life
I need to hold your hand so tight
You can safely lead me
as I follow through the night
 
Oh, God sends children to get parents back
to where they're supposed to be
and I, your Grandma, stand in awe
that you're in our family
 
and I felt eternity
 
~~~~
 
 
THE  GIFT
 
Which is the most miraculous?
the creation of a world
or the blossoming of a flower?
Both have beauty that's unfurled
 
across the ages,   and the sages search
for answers to God's plan
Which is the most miraculous?
Resurrection of a man
 
or the hatching out of a golden butterfly?
The sky's its kingdom now
Winging, dipping, on its way  to freedom
Not caring how it changed
 
Just knowing deep inside that
she'd been given the gift of flight
Which is the most miraculous?
A star coming out at night
 
or the birthing of a babe?   Oh, God
You are too wonderful to me!
Best of all,  you've given me
the gift that I can see
 
 
 
 
 


0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home