I did another dumb thing a few days ago.  we had grilled meat which was tough,  so I cut it up and put it in a pan with water to cook.  Dee called me in to lie down with him on the bed,  and I fell asleep.  soon Dee was us saying "I smell smoke" and the house smelled awful. 

I had forgotten it,  and the pan was burned black,  also the meat needless to say.  It too most of the day to air it out,  with all doors and windows open (on a 90 degree day)

It reminded me of the day many years ago when I was boiling rubber baby nipples to sterilize them.  I put the babies in the stroller and went off to town.   That was even a greater disaster.  We had to have all the clothes cleaned,  drapes and curtain,  and some things never did lose the smell. 

Moral:  an unwatched pot always burns.  sooner than later.

Any one out there remember baby bottles with rubber nipples?   

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home